D.I.Y. Wednesday: Circle Garland

It’s time for another installment of our marvelous, midweek makeovers … D.I.Y. Wednesday! Today, Erin shows us how to repurpose an expired agenda and make it a playful string of decoration to punch up the color in any space.

D.I.Y. Circle Garland

Circle Garland

D.I.Y. Circle GarlandWhat you’ll need:
A Vera Bradley paper item (we used a divider from the same Student Agenda used here),  a bone folder (optional), glue stick, string or ribbon, a pen or pencil, scissors or a large circle craft puncher, and a round object for tracing (we used a Vera Bradley Pencil Sharpener)

D.I.Y. Circle Garland1. Use your pen or pencil, and small round object to trace circles onto the leftover paper.

D.I.Y. Circle Garland2.  Cut out the circles and arrange them in groups of three. (We found a large round craft puncher came in handy.)

D.I.Y. Circle Garland3. Fold each circle in half – use a bone folder if you have one.

D.I.Y. Circle Garland4. Use a glue stick to put glue on the edges of the backsides of the circles. Avoid the crease so that you can arrange the distance of your circles later. Stick the glued side of two circles together, then place the string along the crease before adding the final glued circle.

D.I.Y. Circle Garland5. After you add the third circle, the string should be where the creases meet.

D.I.Y. Circle Garland6. Repeat with the rest of your circles.

D.I.Y. Circle Garland7. Drape and decorate.

Bonus D.I.Y.!

D.I.Y. Gift Tag Cut two extra circles for a cute little gift tag.

Come back each Wednesday for more of Erin’s eco-friendly D.I.Y. designs.

This entry was posted in DIY, Dose of Inspiration, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to D.I.Y. Wednesday: Circle Garland

1. Libby says:

This is my favorite one so far! My agenda is in Twirly Birds Navy, and a navy and cream garland would look great in my apartment… and be a little fall/winter decor!

2. Chelsea says:

This is awesome! My agenda is Night and Day and my apartment is black, white and red! So perfect :)

3. Sparky says:

I agree, this is the best so far. How cute this would be as a garland for a Christmas tree!

4. Thanks for this great tutorial. I can’t wait to get started!

5. Genesis D. says:

Great idea! Thanks!

6. Sam says:

I love DIY Wednesday! I anticipate it every week. I have a new DIY for you! My girl scout troop leader went to the Vera Bradley outlet and bought a bunch of the cloth napkins. We took clear glass bowls and traced the edge on the napkin and cut it out then glued the circle of cloth to the bottom of the plate with decoupage (I think that’s how you spell it) medium glue and viola! A Vera Bradley plate. You can also do it with clear bowls and platters!

7. I like the gift tag idea with vera bradley paper.

8. Kryn says:

I made this with vintage floral paper and it is adorable! Much cuter in person! Thanks Erin for all these great ideas. :)

9. Julia says:

This is so cute! Definitely a good idea for christmas next year! I use VB napkins and sew them together to make a wall hanging, then use push pins to attach it to the wall. It is a great way to spice up those plain college dorm walls!