Dress Your Dorm dream come true

Dress your dorm winnerFor most Vera Bradley fans, waking up in a room coated with brilliant hues and Fall pattern would be a dream come true, right? For Lindsay G., a junior at Ball State University, that dream is now a gorgeous reality.

Dress your dorm winner

The Grand Prize winner of our Dress Your Dorm Facebook contest recently reaped the rewards of her efforts when our team of Visual Merchandizing professionals took over her apartment to pull off a very Vera makeover.

“At first, I chose Indigo Pop,” Lindsay said, “but then I realized it was so close to what I already had and went for Va Va Bloom, which I also love.” Once the color was selected, our team went to work.

Dress Your Dorm

“We started with the pattern and then began gathering images we found inspiring,” Beckie H. in Visual Merchandising Strategy and Planning said. “We all agreed that the large horizontal stripes on the wall would be the ‘wow’ factor, and then we went out from there.” Even Co-founder Barbara Bradley Baekgaard weighed in on the color selections and offered up the idea of the adorable L-shaped fabric headboard.

Dress your Dorm

Dress your dorm winner

Dress Your Dorm

Dress your Dorm

Dress your Dorm

And the efforts are anything but lost on our winner. A longtime fan, Lindsay has been to the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale twice and has an inventory on her phone listing more than 122 styles, and counting. “My first bag was a Morgan in Mod Floral Blue that we purchased when I was in grade school.” An accessory likely lost somewhere among her totes and closet full of favorite pieces.

So, what was her reaction to winning the room makeover? “I was actually at the Kenwood preview event when I got the call,” she recalls. “I get so emotional about these things.” Believe it or not, winning isn’t foreign to the college gal, who recently received a car from a raffle for students with perfect attendance. Lindsay’s Mom adds, “I think she was more excited about this!”

When all was said and done, Lindsay’s new space boasts walls coated in paint colors Papaya and June Day, a custom-built wall of cubbies to hold her knickknacks and television, a corner desk loaded with Stationery styles, a vibrant Va Va Bloom bathroom, a cute corner desk, a custom blind and more tiny touches to keep her space bright morning, noon and night.  “We wanted her to have custom pieces she could take along with her wherever she goes. We just hope she loves it,” Beckie said.

Dress your Dorm

Dress your Dorm

From all of us at Vera Bradley, sweet dreams, Lindsay …

This entry was posted in Dose of Inspiration, Enter to Win, Press Pass, Uncategorized, We see you! and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Dress Your Dorm dream come true

1. Deezee says:

Loved the headboard. Very clever!

2. Pam says:

How awesome, I love to see companies like Vera Bradley helping to make dreams come true. Have a wonderful year at college. CONGRATULATIONS!

3. Wow that’s gorgeous. I’m surprised they let her paint the dorm room! Wish they would’ve let me back in the day! :)

themodernmommytales.blogspot.com

4. Kim says:

Congratulations Lindsay – it’s a beautiful room! Have a great junior year!

5. Angela M says:

It’s gorgeous! I follow her on FB and I know she is very excited and grateful.

6. allison says:

man I wish I had facebook cause I am about to move and that would be awsome to win that but congrats Lindsay you have an awome room that is so cool how long did it take and how much money?

7. KC says:

OH MY!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Pinning this for ideas when we redo my daughters’ room!!

8. Mary Lou says:

Sooooo happy for you Lindsay, quite a memory for you to keep!

9. Alison says:

Such a fun, bright room! Congrats Lindsay!

10. Chris B. says:

Amazing. That is cool and the perfect design.

11. Elizabeth C. says:

That is such a pretty and cheerful room!

12. dotmoody says:

Congratulations Lindsay!! Beautiful, very beautiful

13. Brenda says:

It’s a fun, pretty room — unfortunately most colleges do not allow the rooms to be painted — and where is her computer? and clothes?

14. Beth says:

love everything but especially the headboard! very clever, that!

15. Julie says:

The bright Vera touches were expected but the furniture pieces, especially the cubbies really take this make over up a notch!

16. Jaye says:

Love it love it! Makes me wish I was young and in college again.

17. Manda says:

It’s certainly a very colorful room, but I’m trying to figure out the math. She says that she got her first Vera in grade school, and that it was in Mod Floral Blue. But that pattern was introduced just 5 years ago (July 2007), and she’s already a junior in college. So either she’s a genius and has skipped several grades or in all the excitement she got a little confused.

18. MarthaLee* says:

Love, Love the pictures!!! I am an older gal but I still dress my room up with Va Va Bloom!!! My favorite pattern.

19. Caitie says:

Awwwwww I love this room so much!! I love the colors, how bright and happy it is, and this definitely makes me want to totally redo my dorm room!

20. Libby says:

My sister is autistic, and will be turning 60 in March. She would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these colors in her bedroom. She loves bright colors and this is perfect !! I wish I could afford it !!!!!

21. Pingback: 2012 in Instagrams | Inside Stitch: The Official Vera Bradley Blog

22. Pingback: Vibrant Dorm | diy dorm

23. Sarah says:

Too bad no college allows you to paint the walls…This is definitely a bedroom at her house and not a dorm. There are incredible shelving units and they also would never allow you to hang anything from the ceiling. I have been to 2 colleges, lived in 5 different dorms and have two siblings that have both been to different colleges and none of them have had these accommodations. Cute but not realistic.

24. Travisa Passport and Visa Service for China visa application. Chinese visa support for business, tourist, and all types of travel to China.

25. Kathy Stone says:

Where can I find the bed frame support with the drawers? I need one for an XL twin mattress. Thanks.