Styling the Silk Scarf

styling the silk scarf

twisted bauble

1. Fold the scarf corner to corner into a triangle. Then repeat until you reach the desired width. 2. Place the scarf around your neck with the ends loose and hanging. Cross the ends. 3. Working on one side at a time, twist the material around the material on the opposing side. Repeat on the other side. 4. Tie the ends, on both sides, to complete the look.

put a bow on it

1. Fold the scarf corner to corner into a triangle. Then repeat until you reach the desired width. 2. Wrap the scarf around the handle of your handbag. 3. Tie the scarf into a pretty bow or fashionable knot.

at your own wrist

1. Fold the scarf corner to corner into a triangle. Then repeat until you reach the desired width. 2. Wrap the material around your wrist until the ends meet and then tie a fashionable knot to secure.

fun bun

1. Fold the scarf corner to corner into a triangle. Then repeat until you reach the desired width. 2. Pull hair into a high ponytail. Twist and wrap around the elastic to form a bun. Use bobby pins to secure.  3. Wrap the scarf around the base of the bun. Tie the loose ends into a bow in the back. 4. Tuck in the loose ends, if desired.

neck tie

1. Fold the scarf corner to corner into a triangle. Then repeat until you reach the desired width. 2. Tie a standard double knot halfway between your neck and the ends of the scarf.

knot perfect

1. Tie a standard double knot in the middle of the scarf. 2. Wrap the scarf around the back of your head, under your hair, bringing the loose ends to the front. 3. Tie the loose ends in a double knot behind your head to secure the headband in place. Tuck the loose ends under the scarf to complete the look.

hair flair

1. Fold the scarf corner to corner into a triangle. Then repeat until you reach the desired width. 2. Pull the top half of your hair up and out of the way. Wrap the scarf around your head and tie it underneath your hair behind your head. 3. Leave the ends loose.

This entry was posted in Dose of Inspiration, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Styling the Silk Scarf

1. June K. says:

Wow, thanks for these great scarf folding tips. So pretty.

2. Jim & Christy Stocking says:

You had another blog about scarfs but didn’t explain how to tie the scarfs. Could you explain how to wear them and how to tie them? It was great blog. I have one of your scarf’s and love it but don’t know how to wear it.

Christy

_____

From: Inside Stitch: The Official Vera Bradley Blog [mailto:comment-reply@wordpress.com] Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 5:00 AM To: jimsox1@surewest.net Subject: [New post] Styling the Silk Scarf

CourtneyVB posted: ” Oh, beautiful Silk Scarf, there are so many ways to wear you! We enlisted the help of Rachel and Kelli – a lovely duo from Product Development – to share a handful of fashionable ways to fix this popular accessory. 1. Fold the scarf corner to corne”

• Sue says:

Christy – check out the Coldwater Creek website – they have scarf tying tricks. Also, you can search the internet. Have fun – I wear a scarf nearly everyday – it has become my trademark and I have had to find many ways to tie them.

3. Linda says:

Loved the scarf but really loved that you showed many different ways to wear the scarf and how to create these ideas

4. Denise M says:

Wow! Thank s for all the ideas!

5. Kaitlyn C. says:

this would add a nice pop of color to my black microfiber tote. may just have to get it..

6. Marguerite S. says:

Beautiful scarf! Thanks for including the directions to accompany the pictures. You make it look so easy to get great ways to wear the scarf, I can’t wait to try it myself.

7. gracie says:

love it! I need a scarf now!

8. Rachel says:

Absolutely adorable! Love the scarf. So pretty :)

9. Debbie Feulner says:

You should have shown ways to use the scarf on your head for the cancer victims undergoing chemo.

10. Patricia says:

Sorry the scarf was square instead of rectangular which is so much easier to wear. Make another rectangular one please in Ribbons.

11. colleenruggieri says:

I love the square! Maybe both? ;-) I was so excited that you brought the silk scarves back. I have a few from retired patterns, and I regularly receive compliments!

12. Shopgirl says:

Thanks for showing the scarf and how to wear them. They will never go out of style. Great job.

13. Thanks for including the directions to accompany the pictures. You make it look so easy to get great ways to wear the scarf, I can’t wait to try it myself.

14. m millen says:

Would love to see the silk scarfs done in the other patterns as well!!!

15. Pingback: ヒップスターとオンザゴーが届き、11月7日に冬新柄発表 | ヴェラブラッドリー(Vera Bradley)ファンブログ

16. Katelyn Van Tuyl says:

So CUTE! Definitely a necessity to my wardrobe!

17. Barbara says:

What is the price of the scarf?

18. Tammy Lynn says:

How do you order the scarf?

19. Shemica says:

Hey this Shemica am deaf lady now I want know can accept about money order for Vera Bradley Pruse now but I love Pruse call name Vera Bradley what is number phone let know nw back my email will check to email any time ok I am deaf lady alright I can contact phone to u tht why I can’t find number phone contract nunthing thank y much bye nw

20. Pingback: Put a Scarf On It: 6 Ways to Style Hair With A Scarf | womenstyles.asia

21. Pingback: Sound summer style | Inside Stitch: The Official Vera Bradley Blog

22. I am really inspired together with your writing skills and also
    with the structure to your weblog. Is this a paid subject matter or did you modify it yourself?

Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, it is uncommon to look
    a great weblog like this one nowadays..

23. Pingback: I’ve Got A Scarf-full | A Girl and A Bun

24. Tam says:

On ‘put a bow on’ picture, is that the Vera tote?

25. Joyce Joslin says: